UrsaDSP has announced the release of Boost, an audio effect plugin designed to increase the loudness of audio material.
Boost uses “Trajectory Technology” to achieve the maximum possible gain increase, while keeping the signal transparent and avoiding non-linearities.
Use it as a signal enhancer during mastering, or to reveal hidden details while mixing or creating new sounds. Set the Output Ceiling, dial in Attack and Release times, and use the main Boost dial to get anything from a gentle increase in average loudness to an all-out smashed-up signal.
Boost applies transparent signal maximization for a professional sound, and thanks to the unique Focus control, you can maximize a signal upwardly, applying more gain to quieter sounds – no clipping, ever. A Drive control (plus extra Punch setting for transients) are on-hand to add energy and warmth to the signal.
- Increase average loudness with no clipping and minimal distortion.
- Unique Trajectory Technology detection algorithm maximizes gain .
- Focus control can push quiet sections harder than loud sections and reveal hidden details in audio with up to 52dB dynamic gain.
- Set Input gain up to 28dB and Output ceiling up to 0dB – Boost’s algorithms mean there’s no clipping, ever.
- Choose Attack and Release times to complement your audio.
- Add harmonic distortion using the Drive control .
- Activate the extra Punch setting to add more power to transients .
- Set Max Gain to limit range, keeping very quiet sounds unaffected.
- Compare signals with the Bypass button.
Boost (VST/AU/AAX) is available from Devious Machines at an introductory price of £39.99 GBP (regular £59.99 GBP). A free 14-day demo is available as well.
More information: UrsaDSP