UrsaDSP has released an update to the Boost upward limiter effect plugin that creates no clipping.
Revision B adds a mid/side mode, parallel compression, stereo link amount, true peak detection and oversampling.
Most plugin compressors emulate an analog detection path used 60 years ago. Boost’s Trajectory Technology takes full advantage of modern DSP to leave the highest transients undistorted – no matter how far you push the plugin.
With its unique Focus control, Boost brings the quieter parts of an audio signal up, never overshooting the peaks and remaining transparent. To introduce character, use the Drive and Emphasis controls, and set the Release timing to your taste.
Boost Revision B features
- NEW: Boost stereo image in mid/side mode.
- NEW: Stereo Link 0-100%.
- NEW: Oversampling.
- NEW: True Peak detection mode.
- NEW: Parallel compression with Dry/Wet.
- Reveal hidden details using the Focus knob.
- No clipping – not even True Peak.
- Alway in Lookahead mode up to 40ms.
- Apply Drive and Emphasis to add character.
- Preserve reverb tails with Max Gain control.
Boost Rev B is available from Devious Machines, priced at £79.99 GBP. The upgrade is free for existing Boost owners.
New users can try the plugin with a 30-day free trial for Windows and Mac (VST3/AU/AAX).