UVI has announced the release of BeatHawk, a portable music production studio app for iPad.
A complete music production environment, BeatHawk was designed from the ground-up to provide an immediate and efficient workflow optimized for portable use while providing studio-grade sounds, instruments and effects thanks to the industry-proven UVI Engine at its core. Users can create beats, sample, pitch and time stretch, layer melodies, mix, arrange, and export full songs, stems and MIDI quickly and efficiently through BeatHawk’s sleek and intuitive user interface.
BeatHawk includes a large library of high-quality sounds and instruments which can be expanded with user content or through additional UVI expansion packs available via in-app purchase. Expansion packs provide a tremendous value, delivering the same level of quality found in UVI’s desktop instruments used in studios around the world. BeatHawk launches with 15 available expansions including; Acoustic Grand, Brass Riffs, Choirs, Disco, Electric Piano, Electro Pop, Funk, Guitar Loops, Scratch, Talk Vox, Trip Hop, Atlanta Urban, West Coast Urban, Latin Percussion and World Percussion, with more expansions slated for release during the following months.
In addition to stand-alone use, BeatHawk provides immediate connectivity for studio environments with full support for CoreMIDI, Inter-App Audio, AudioBus, AudioCopy, WIST Sync, MIDI-over-LAN and compatibility with class-compliant MIDI keyboards. Users can play BeatHawk from external keyboards, sequence from a desktop DAW, wirelessly sync multiple iPad sessions or export 24-bit stems and MIDI for further editing in desktop applications.
- 16 track sequencer with up to 16 patterns.
- 780Mb sound and instrument library included.
- Trigger via. pad mode, keyboard mode or with external device.
- Edit and tweak sounds with high-quality effects and ADSR envelope.
- Sample from iPad built-in mic, line-in or external devices.
- High-quality pitch and time stretching.
- Choke groups and One-Shot sample modes.
- Perform and record arrangements realtime.
- Integrated sound browser with realtime preview.
- Exclusive UVI sound libraries available via in-app purchase.
- Jam with multiple iPads using WIST Sync over Bluetooth.
- Export stereo mix, stems or MIDI files with one touch.
- Easily transfer files via. iTunes App.
- External keyboard and MIDI-over-LAN support via CoreMIDI.
- Inter-App Audio, AudioBus, Audio Copy and WIST compliant.
- Export: 44.1kHz 24-bit WAV.
- Import: FLAC, WAV, MP3, MP4, or AIF.
- iPad 2 or newer (iPad 4 or newer recommended).
- iOS 7+
BeatHawk is available for purchase for the introductory price of $4.99 USD (regular $9.99 USD).