UVI has announced the release of the new FM Suite, a 5-instrument expose of vintage FM synthesis including hundreds of newly designed sounds from 8 rarefied classics.
The collection delivers over 1,000 presets created with classic Yamaha machines including the DX1, FVX-1, TQ5, TX81Z, DX21, GS2 and more.
Covering the gamut from luxurious and rare to modest, entry-level synths, FM Suite provides a wide range of newly-designed sounds covering vintage and modern aesthetics, all with the authentic character of real hardware recordings.
Built on a library of over 100,000 samples, FM Suite delivers a truly massive collection of sounds. Each of the 5 included instruments gives you a deep and diverse selection of patches created by the sound designers at UVI on one or a selection of themed vintage FM synthesizers:
- FMX1-XL is an updated version of UVI’s FMX1, showcasing the sounds of the illustrious DX1 (the rare and top-of-the-line sibling to the DX7) with its dual 6-operator FM engine, sampled with up to 10 velocity layers per key.
- FMX2-XL showcases sounds from a selection of modest 4-operator FM synths including the DX21, DS8, V50, and TQ5, with classic ‘80s sounds, and highlighting the instruments on-board effects and unique unison modes.
- FMX-8op delivers sounds from the first 8-operator FM synth, the FVX-1, with its complex and spacious modulations, rich unisons and built-in effects presented in a dual-layer design.
- FMX-4op showcases iconic ‘80s FM workhorses such as the TX81Z and DX100, with studio classic sounds and custom-designed patches for modern genre and experimental use.
- FMX-GS provides sounds from one of the original FM keyboards, the GS2. Fully-restored (complete with magnet cards), its offers a unique and rare selection of vintage FM tones.
From the iconic bass, bells, brass and keys these vintage synths are known for to the more esoteric and experimental frontiers of modern sound design, FM Suite aims to deliver a comprehensive archive of vintage FM hardware sounds to your DAW of choice.
FM Suite offers native 64-bit standalone operation by way of Falcon or the free UVI Workstation, providing comprehensive support for all modern DAWs and simultaneous authorization on up to 3 computers or iLok keys.
FM Suite is available through February 4th, 2019 at a special introductory price of $99 USD/99 EUR (regularly $149 USD/149 EUR). Owners of FMX-1, Vintage Legends, Vintage Vault and/or Vintage Vault 2 can upgrade for $69 USD/69 EUR during the promotion.
More information: UVI