UVI has announced the release of IRCAM Solo Instruments 2, a major update aimed at modernizing this powerful library with new features, an all-new user interface, and numerous workflow and QoL enhancements.
Updates include an enhanced scripting engine with new expression modes, new performance modes for stringed instruments, an all-new UI design, MPE and Poly Aftertouch support, improved sample library, improved presets and keyswitch groups, improved dynamics and envelopes, and a new effects section.
Featuring 16 instruments and over 550 playing styles recorded at the renowned IRCAM Institute, IRCAM Solo Instruments 2 is a unique and extensive instrumental resource for those looking take their composition, sound design and music production into new territory.
Explore instruments you know and love in a completely new way with sophisticated performance controls and a massive library blending traditional techniques with unusual and experimental playing styles and articulations, all available at a press of a key thanks to enhanced keyswitch groups. With IRCAM Solo Instruments 2 you can now play stringed instruments naturally with virtual hand positioning implemented on-the-fly, and achieve a greater sense of expressive control and feedback with native MPE and Polyphonic Aftertouch support.
IRCAM Solo Instruments 2 also features a completely new user interface, improving workflow thanks to an ergonomic and uncluttered single-pane design. As well, the core sample library has been painstakingly edited to provide cleaner and more natural sustain phases across the entire suite. With improved aesthetics, more natural sound, a modernized engine, new ways to perform, and new effects, IRCAM Solo Instruments 2 is an unparalleled tool for artists inclined to the classics and avant-garde alike.
Changes in IRCAM Solo Instruments 2
- Improved scripting engine allows multiple play and expression modes, including legato, portamento, poly legato and poly portamento, now controllable by modwheel.
- New Play mode for all stringed instruments, allows user to play instruments with virtual hand positioning for more natural expression.
- All-new UI design, improves aesthetics and usability.
- New MPE and Poly Aftertouch support.
- Improved sample library, delivers cleaner sustains.
- Improved presets and key switch groups.
- Improved dynamics section.
- Improved envelopes (more natural response).
- Improved effects section.
IRCAM Solo Instruments 2 is available now at an introductory price of $199 USD / 199 EUR through July 19th, 2020 (regularly 299 USD/EUR), and is free for all existing users.
More information: UVI