VAST Dynamics has released version 1.20 of Vaporizer, a synthesizer plug-in designed to combine a fat virtual analog sound, low system CPU resource usage and a low price.
On Feb 7th 2015, we announce a major release with many free functional enhancements and usability improvements. This is now a stable release that is intended to stay here for a while. Please update your version.
Changes in Vaporizer v1.20
- Major step in terms of functionality, usability and stability.
- Added a sophisticated attenuation model to ensure that detune, random retriggering, invert with multiple oscillators within a bank will generate similar output levels and loudness.
- Added VCF and VCA envelope modes (analog, digital, linear).
- Added 7th & 8th modulation matrix slot.
- Added a complete new bank of 28 high-quality presets (thanks to TRUEPIANO for contributing here!)
- Made knobs per default not velocity sensitive – they become only velocity sensitive when Ctrl or Cmd/Mac is pressed (for fine tuning of values).
- Added version and plugin type info.
- Added separate sync button for LFO2.
- Increased ARP and LFO1&2 steps to 64 to allow sixty-fourth notes.
- Increased all attack, decay and release times.
- Made ENV sliders logartihmical for attack, decay and release to allow better visibility and fine tuning of lower times.
- Added twelve (12!) new modulation matrix destinations for all effect settings: DistortionDryWet, DistortionDrive, DistortionFuzz, ChorusDryWet, ChorusFrequency, ChorusDepth, DelayDryWet, DelayTime, DelayFeedback, ReverbDryWet, ReverbSize, ReverbFeedback.
- Added modulation matrix destination for panning.
- Increased pitch mod range.
- Cleaned up sequence of mod matrix sources and destinations.
- Improved Windows installer: VST3s are now automatically copied to Common Files/VST3.
- Fixed: ARP issue with first notes played.
- Fixed: oscillator invert was not working.
- Fixed: issue with envelope sustain.
- Fixed: LFO modulating LFO2 issue.
- Fixed: LPF filter aliasing issue when using detune knob.
- Fixed: issue with pitch bender.
- Fixed: clicks when adding oscillator while note on.
Vaporizer for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 24.90 EUR (ex VAT within EU).