Magix has released the third update for its Vegas Pro 16 video production, audio editing and disc authoring software for Windows.
The fastest solution for professional video editing, audio editing, and disc authoring. Now with even more innovative creativity tools like advanced motion tracking, world-class video stabilization, and dynamic storyboarding that deliver incredible results faster than ever.
Changes in Vegas Pro 16 (Build 352)
- In addition to manual refresh to keep the storyboard in sync with the timeline, an automatic refresh option has been added so the storyboard refreshes after each timeline edit.
- An update notification feature has been added in order to keep in better touch with users when new product updates and fixes are available.
- DX12 based HDR external preview support.
- The video stabilization plug-in now has three modes for use depending upon the level of control desired ranging from basic mode with simple one-click operation, to expert mode with a powerful set of optimization parameter controls.
- Automation for Video stabilization parameters enables you to make adjustments over time or to bypass stabilization during certain portions of a clip.
- HDR Mastering Display Metadata for rendering HDR10 content has been added to the Project Media window.
- A filter option in the Render As dialog box filters the render formats and templates down to just those are are 360° compatible when you’ve specified your project as a 360°in the Video tab of Project Properties.
- Mechanism is now in place to inform users when a new update of the software is available.
- Inconsistencies when analyzing a video for stabilization with the Static setting selected have been resolved.
- Closing and reopening the Project Media window no longer disengages storyboard hover scrub, and no longer resets storyboard in/out points.
- Stabilization works properly when the video is contained on a track that has an audio track above it on the timeline.
- Using the Esc key while dragging an event properly cancels the move operation rather than clearing the storyboard and causing a crash upon reopening the Project Media window.
- The mouse wheel works properly with OFX plug-ins even when Scroll Inactive windows is enabled in Windows.
- This update correctly preserves the order of effects in video effect chains that were created in VEGAS Pro 15 or earlier which involve pre-Event Pan/Crop effects and post-composite track effects.
- Manually adjusting the Zoom slider properly disables the Auto-zoom checkbox.
- Missing Aspect ratio options have been add back to the Properties dialog box.
- The Use Current Project Folder option has been fixed in the Advanced Save utility.
- Text boxes scroll correctly when Scroll inactive windows is enabled in Windows 10.
- Render template Frame Rate settings properly use a period or comma based on the language the application has been installed in.
- The Project Media window is no longer limited to showing just 100 thumbnails.
- Project Media thumbnails do not redraw when there are more than 49 shown and you move the mouse over them.
- Improved thumbnail reading in the Project Media window avoids crashing.
- Variable frame rate media plays back with properly synchronized audio.
- Fixed issue where improper thumbnail can appear for generated media in the Project Media window.
- Fixed issue where some MP4 files crashed the application when loaded into VEGAS.
- Audio Event FX window no longer remains open after deleting the track from which the audio effect is applied to.
- Issue when envelopes move in the wrong direction when using the CTRL key while dragging is fixed.
- Fixed crash when loading some plugins on startup.
- Checkerboard artifacts may be visible in HDR external preview when preview quality is set to “Best” with certain kinds of footage; please switch to “Good” quality in such scenarios; this does not affect the actual rendered output.
- Very bright yellows can blow out with the default ACES Rec.2020/1000 nits IDT; please use Levels FX to adjust the footage to work around that.
Vegas Pro is on sale starting at $249 USD, with NewBlue Elements 3 Ultimate ($299 USD value) included with a purchase for a limited time only.
More information: Vegas Creative Software