Venomode has announced an update to the Phrasebox phrase arpeggiator which lets you craft expressive sequences from MIDI chords.
Version 1.0.2 adds support for AU MIDI FX in Logic Pro X. It also improves the piano roll editor.
Turn simple chord sequences into expressive melody lines and musical phrases. Simply design your phrase in the piano roll, and Phrasebox will play back the pattern using whatever notes you input.
You have complete control over how the phrase is played. Select notes in pitch order, or use the special selectors – such as the loudest/quietest or first-played/last-played. Your phrase will be played back with sample-accurate timing.
Changes in Phrasebox v1.0.2
- Added: Logic X MIDI AU Support.
- Added: Piano roll multi-select, move, and resize.
- Added: Select all and delete with keyboard.
- Added: Alternative fill patterns.
- Added: Adjust multiple velocities and other modifiers.
- Added: Presets for basic triad chords.
- Fixed: Some notes would play double.
- Fixed: Sluggish behaviour when resizing a note.
- Fixed: Possible timing issues in some circumstances.
- Fixed: Generation note length parameter name.
- Fixed: Selecting right click and dismissing deletes phrase.
- Fixed: Changed linux install script to use /bin/bash.
- Fixed: Linux update button colour.
- Fixed: Looking for manual in wrong place on Linux.
- Fixed: Reverting to demo mode in some unique circumstances.
Phrasebox is on sale for £34.95 GBP / $45 USD until March 23rd, 2020. The update is free to existing users.
More information: Venomode