Virtual Analogy has released version 1.0.3 of Paraphrasis, an Open Source spectral resynthesis synthesizer for Mac which can model any sound with only one sonic sample.
It is based on modified Loris – an Open Source sound modeling and processing software package – and JUCE. It was developed as entry for KVRAudio developer challenge 2014.
Only two parameters are needed: frequency pitch of a sample and frequency resolution of spectral analysis.
Paraphrasis has a 16 voice polyphony and has a “Reverse” option to analyse the sample backward so it is synthesised reversed as well. You can check sources at github or current and previous releases at archive.
Changes in Paraphrasis v1.0.3
- Synthesise engine was highly optimised.
- Crashes in hosts when analysing were fixed.
- Memory usage was optimised.
- Paraphrasis pays attention to sample rate changes.
- Mac OS compatibility is now 10.7+.
More information: Virtual Analogy