Volko Audio has launched Q3D EQ, a free 6-band equalizer audio effect plugin that emulates the NTI Nightpro EQ3D rack mount equalizer.
This 6 band eq has an extremely wide Q. One of the bands is AIR that is a hi shelf filter. You can change the AIR frequency and boost. It has a modern, easy-to-use user interface.
In the past, it has been used for very famous recordings and generally for Vocals.
The Q3D equalizer plug-in is highly optimized to keep your CPU under low stress, while still maintaining top quality sound output.
- 6 bands:
- 4 peaking bands with center frequencies 10 Hz (SUB), 40 Hz, 160 Hz and 650 Hz. Each band is 2.5 octaves wide.
- High frequency shelving band with a cutoff frequency of 2.5 kHz.
- “Air” band, a boost only high-frequency shelf with five selectable cutoff frequencies: 2.5 kHz, 5 kHz, 10 kHz, 20 kHz, and 40 kHz.
- Amount of boost or attenuation is continuously variable from -15 dB to 15 dB on all bands except the air band which has an amount of boost that is continuously variable from 0 dB to 20 dB.
- Extremely high processing efficiency.
- Proprietary topology which is optimized for low latency, low noise and high dynamic range.
- Supports sampling frequencies up to 384 kHz.
- Clickless parameter update.
Q3D is available for download for Windows and Mac (VST/VST3/AU/AAX).