Based on ARP’s legendary semi-modular analog monosynth! This amazing softsynth sounds very close to the original ARP 2600. Like the original, it’s a monosynth (no polyphony). But, also like the original, it has a multitude of Frequency Modulation options which enable it to create some truly awesome sound effects. PWM, Sample & Hold, virtual Spring Reverb, Ring Modulation, and a dedicated Noise Generator are all there!
Also, there are some things even the original Arp 2600 didn’t have, like Oscillator Sync and Filter Color (to adjust between LowPass and HiPass filter types). Most important of all, beginning with version 2.0 the Arppe2600va is now completely patchable via a cleverly designed Mod Matrix! You can have up to 12 patch routings with a very user-friendly (and visible!) drop-down menu interface, instead of messy virtual patch cables cluttering up the screen. All controls are mapped to MIDI CC#’s, and you can override the default settings by using the MIDI Learn feature. Use as a simple stand-alone synth (.exe file included), or copy the DLL into your favorite DAW or sequencer’s plugin folder.
There are 30 new patches by Gabriel Abney, plus 30 more by “Databass Tom”, for a total of 80 presets so far!
These new presets really show off the modular capabilities of Arppe2600va!
Also, an LFO keyboard trigger switch has been added.
Other than that, this is mainly a bug fix release, with the following repairs being made:
- The Gain slider in the VCA now properly acts as a Global Output, and has been labelled accordingly.
- All effects have been adjusted to go through the Global Output now.
- Oscillator wave phase adjustments were made, to sound closer to the original hardware.
- Volt Processor response is vastly improved.
- Obsolete elements in the programming were removed; it might improve CPU performance on some systems.
More information: Glen Stegner