Voxengo has released version 4.5 of Elephant, a mastering limiter plugin for Windows and Mac.
The “EL-C” algorithm which is the newest addition to Elephant version 4, uses a novel approach to limiting, based on usual compression found in compressors, but applied in a special feed-forward & feedback manner. This mode has fixed internal timing constants making it very easy to setup and use. This mode is not meant to completely surpass and replace the “EL-4” mode, but in some music genres, the “EL-C” mode produces less coloration and less transient distortion. It also has a different release character.
Elephant is a highly competitive plug-in for mastering applications: it features a variety of limiter modes that can be deeply customized, and a comprehensive set of level metering tools, including headroom estimation and K-metering. Elephant’s built-in linear-phase oversampling is an important element in achieving high-quality peak limiting and loudness maximization without inter-sample overshoots.
Elephant limiter can be used for mixing and mastering of both stereo and multi-channel music and sound material, at any standard sample rate. Limiting process can be visualized both as gain reduction meter and real-time graph.
- Transparent signal limiting action.
- 10 predefined limiter modes.
- Limiter mode editor.
- Optional release stage.
- Noise-shaped bit-depth converter.
- DC offset removal filter.
- Waveform graph view.
- Stereo and multi-channel processing.
- Internal channel routing.
- Channel grouping.
- Up to 8x linear-phase oversampling.
- 64-bit floating point processing.
- Preset manager.
- Undo/redo history.
- A/B comparisons.
- Contextual hint messages.
- All sample rates support.
- 24 ms compensated processing latency.