Voxengo has released version 1.2 of CRTIV Tape Bus, a reel-to-reel tape saturation plugin for professional music production applications.
CRTIV Tape Bus plug-in for professional music production applications recreates characteristic elements of the reel-to-reel tape sound. This includes saturation, modulation noise and smearing effects which are known for the “analog” feel they bring to audio recordings. This plug-in also applies a selected impulse response taken by us from the existing tape machines. Great for mid-high frequency smoothing.
In CRTIV Tape Bus you can choose between 4 distinct tape impulses, 2 flutter noise modes, and several “overload protection” circuitry modes.
Changes in CRTIV Tape Bus v1.2
- Added “Rec Gain” modes that imitate overload protection circuitry.
- Added “Flutter” mode that imitates a high-quality tape drive mechanism.
- Redesigned knobs and background texture.
- Added Retina support on macOS, and automatic high-resolution UI size adjustment on Windows.
- 15% lower CPU usage on AVX2-capable processors (in 64-bit mode).
CRTIV Tape Bus (VST/VST3/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for $49.95 USD. It is a free update for existing owners, and Premium Membership owners.
More information: Voxengo