Voxengo has released an updated version of its CRTIV Tape Bus, a tape saturation plugin for Windows and Mac.
Version 1.1 improves on the initial release with a few improvements and fixes to the plugin that brings the sound of reel-to-reel tape.
CRTIV Tape Bus plug-in recreates characteristic elements of the reel-to-reel tape sound. This includes saturation, modulation noise and smearing effects which are known for the “analog” feel they bring to audio recordings.
This plug-in also applies a selected impulse response taken by us from the existing tape machines.
Changes in CRTIV Tape Bus v1.1
- Fixed “Flutter” noise loudness in oversampling modes.
- Updated the user guide to include more details on the impulses.
- Moved built-in low-frequency roll-off below 20 Hz.
- Added “Tape 4” impulse.
- Changed signal chain to apply smoothing/flutter to impulse’s sound.
- Added support for mouse backward/forward buttons to scroll impulses.
CRTIV Tape Bus is available for Windows and Mac (VST/VST3/AU/AAX), priced at $34.95 USD. A free demo version can be downloaded freely at the Voxengo website.
The CRTIV Tape Bus plugin is also included in Voxengo’s Premium Membership, which includes all Voxengo plugins at a deep discount.
More information: Voxengo