Voxengo has announced an update to its Overtone GEQ 7-band harmonic (overtone) graphic equalizer plugin for Windows and Mac.
Overtone GEQ supports up to 8 input/output channels, offering extensive internal channel routing capabilities, and support for mid/side channel processing.
Beside equalizing, Overtone GEQ applies harmonic enhancement processing: it uses 7 harmonic enhancement modules, one for each EQ band. This generates a complex harmonic coloration you will probably like a lot.
Overtone GEQ was designed to allow audio engineers to apply quick EQ shape adjustments together with adding a bit of harmonic richness to the audio material (mainly mixes and sub-mixes due to a comparably high processing load this EQ puts on a CPU).
Changes in Overtone GEQ v1.1.2
- Added ProTools 12+ AAX-64 support.
- Implemented color scheme editor with load and save functions.
- Redesigned the infrastructure controls.
- Added more visual scales.
- Made the user interface scale switchable without host reload.
- Reduced plugin file size considerably for faster loading.
- Added Retina support on macOS, and automatic high-resolution UI size adjustment on Windows.
- 40% lower CPU usage on AVX2-capable processors (in 64-bit mode).