Voxengo has released an update to its SPAN Plus extended real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plugin.
SPAN Plus provides you with a very flexible “mode” system which you can use to setup your spectrum analyzer preferences.
You may specify Fourier block size in samples, FFT window overlap percentage, spectrum’s visual slope. Beside that you can choose to display secondary spectrum of a desired type (e.g. real-time maximum, all-time maximum). Spectrum can be smoothed out visually for an easier examination.
Changes in SPAN Plus v1.6
- Implemented EBU-R128 “LUFS” and “LU” metering modes.
- Implemented “True Peak” peak level and clippings detection.
- Added 1/24 octave spectrum smoothing option.
- Added AIFF sound file support to Static spectrum load function.
- Increased resolution of saved static spectrum files.
- Added “Blackman” and “Hi-Res” spectrum window types.
This version improves smoothness of real-time graphics draws on Windows systems, now graphics is drawn with a lot better timing precision and less stuttering. This, however, may increase CPU load in comparison to the previous version: if this is unacceptable to you, simply decrease the “Frames Per Second” global Voxengo plugin setting.
A demo version of SPAN Plus can be downloaded freely.