Voxengo has announced the release of an update to its extended real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plugin for Windows and Mac.
Version 1.21 of SPAN Plus comes with various additions, improvements and fixes. The spectrum now also export its “Filled Display” setting, useful when many spectrums are shown at the same time.
This is an often-asked-for feature. Note that you may need to revisit the “Filled Display” setting of some individual tracks. This new feature allows you to export some tracks with the “filled” setting enabled while others without it; or to display the main spectrum filled while displaying imported spectrums without filling. This new feature can be disabled via the “Import Spectrum Filling” global setting.
Other changes in SPAN Plus v1.21
- CSV spectrum saving also saves the frequency values and channel names.
- “Static Spectrums” window auto-fills the spectrum names on “Take” and “Load”.
- Fixed non-working static spectrum’s shifting when the “Offset” (Normalize/Center) display mode is used.
- Added factory ROM presets previously available in SPAN.
- Changed spectrum’s “Freq Lo” maximum to 500 Hz (down from 1000 Hz), and “Freq Hi” minimum to 600 (down from 2000 Hz), to permit finer low- and mid-frequency range selections.
- Added the “Spectrum, meter border” palette modifier, visual features. Updated palettes. The “Flat Panels” global settings is now a part of color scheme’s visual features.
- Small speed-up of GUI loading and drawing.
- Fixed an issue with popup-menus not functioning in Logic Pro on Apple M1 native.
- Implemented “Portable Setups” support (portable settings and authorization storage), read more in the Primary User Guide.
SPAN Plus is priced $49.95 USD.
More information: Voxengo