Voxengo has updated SPAN, a free real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plugin for Windows and Mac.
For the most part it was derived from Voxengo GlissEQ dynamic parametric equalizer and reproduces its spectrum analysis functionality. SPAN is available in AudioUnit and VST plug-in formats (including native 64-bit support), for Mac OS X (v10.5 and later), and Windows computers.
Note that on Mac, SPAN now supports Mac OS X v10.5 and higher only, running on Intel processors. Mac PowerPC support is not available.
Changes in SPAN v2.4
- Window resizing implemented.
- Plug-in’s popup-windows now recover last position after reopening.
- Mouse backward and forward buttons can be used for parameter value selection.
- Historic 1-sample output peak level statistics added.
- The “Min Infrastructure” user interface display mode added.
- The “Flat Level Meters” level meter display mode added.
- Version change history information window added.
- Memory usage optimizations implemented.
SPAN is available to download as a freeware effect plugin for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).