Voxengo has announced an update to the Tube Amp free tube overdrive effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
Tube Amp is a free audio effect plugin for professional music production applications that applies asymmetric tube triode overdrive usually found in single-tube microphone pre-amp boxes. The sound this plugin produces varies from a mild “warm” overdrive to a fuzzy distortion.
Changes in Tube Amp v1.8
- Added the “Dry Mix” parameter.
- Added the preset list sorting function to the preset manager.
- Redesigned the knob image.
- Extended the “Color Editor” with color modifiers.
- Added the “Gray Blue” and “Navy” color schemes.
- Improved visual quality at different visual interface scales.
- Windows: implemented (switchable) higher-precision user interface update timer, for smoother display.
- Added macOS Catalina compatibility.
Tube Amp is a free download in VST/VST3, AU and AAX plugin formats.