Voxengo has released an update to the Warmifier audio effect plugin which offers valve warming and “console” coloration effects in similar to analog tube/valve equipment.
Warmifier is applicable both to the complete mixes and to the individual instrument tracks. You have several parameters at your disposal that allow you to control the strength and the color of the effect. Also, you have several tube/valve types to choose from. Each valve type offers a different overall coloration.
While the effect of this plugin is definitely subtle, the difference it makes is similar to the difference in sound between various analog mixing consoles. In most cases it boils down to adding a subtle “sparkle”, “presence”, “warming” or “solidifying” effect to a sound track it was applied to.
Changes in Warmifier v2.2
- Added Pro Tools 12+ AAX64 support.
- Redesigned the infrastructure controls.
- Implemented color scheme editor with load and save functions.
- Added several new color schemes.
- Made the user interface scale switchable without host reload.
- Added 90%, 110%, 150%, 175% visual scales.
- 29% lower CPU usage on AVX2-capable processors (in 64-bit mode).
- Added Retina support on macOS, and automatic high-resolution UI size adjustment on Windows.