Voxengo has released an update to its Shinechilla experimental creative harmonic generator effect plugin.
Version 1.1 comes with VST3 and AAX plugin support and some improvements.
Shinechilla allows you to generate and blend 2nd, 3rd and 4th harmonics with the original dry sound. The harmonic generation process offered by Shinechilla is quite unique on the plugin market since it produces almost no intermodulation distortion.
Shinechilla is mainly usable for solo instrument processing where it literally “shines” by producing convincing and full-bodied harmonic coloration. Shinechilla is also unique in that it is able to add harmonic coloration on top of the sound instead of distorting the whole sound. However, the option to saturate the whole sound is also available.
Changes in Shinechilla v1.1
- Added VST3 support.
- Added AAX support.
- Implemented a fast Shift+Click insertion of control points.
- Implemented a more flexible way to copy envelopes.
- Implemented color scheme editor with load and save functions.
- Redesigned the infrastructure controls.
- Added Retina support on macOS, and automatic high-resolution UI size adjustment on Windows.
- 40% to 55% lower CPU usage on AVX2-capable processors (in 64-bit mode).