Waldorf has introduced the Pulse 2, a new analog synthesizer featuring cutting edge and powerful lows in one compact box.
Sometimes they do come back, and this time, it’s with even more brute-strength power onboard. You are looking at a completely analog synthesizer that accurately delivers what synthesizer enthusiasts around the world truly crave. Pulse 2 is the reincarnation of it’s legendary ancestor, the Waldorf Pulse, that dominated the electronic music of the 90s.
Three analog oscillators in combination with a true analog cascading filter is what Pulse and Pulse 2 have in common. But we didn’t stop there. The filter circuits now also offer Highpass and Bandpass modes. We added analog Filter FM and Ring Modulation along with paraphonic modes that allow up to eight voice chords.
Like the Blofeld Synthesizer, the Pulse 2 is housed in a sturdy metal desktop case. Besides its large LCD display, 8 stainless steel knobs are available to surf through its clearly arrayed parameter matrix, set master volume and edit display accessible parameters.
Pulse 2 features
- 3 analog oscillators + 1 noise generator.
- Pulse width modulation.
- Hard sync.
- Filter FM from Oscillator 3.
- Ring Modulation from Oscillator 3.
- XOR Osc Mode.
- 8/4 Voice Paraphonic modes.
- Cascade Filter.
- 24dB/12db Lowpass, 12db Highpass/Bandpass filter modes.
- Powerful Arpeggiator.
- 8-slot Modulation Matrix.
- External analog signal input.
- Stereo line out.
- Headphone out.
- Backwards compatible with classic Pulse.
- 128×64 character backlit LCD.
- 8 stainless steel knobs.
- 500 Sound Programs.
- Electron-absorbing black case.
All specifications subject to change without notice