AudioThing has announced an update to the Wave Box dynamic dual waveshaper plugin that can be used for both symmetrical and asymmetrical distortion.
Version 1.5 includes a new filter section, new shaping functions and modulation destinations, added presets, and much more.
Wave Box features two separate waveshapers that can be mixed together while being modulated by 2 LFOs and 1 Envelope Follower. You can design your own waveshaping curves by combining and adjusting 10 pre-defined functions (tanh, erf, sinh, sin, linear, abs, invert, floor, round, ceil).
Wave Box can range from mild tube-flavoured overdrive to extreme digital harshness.
Changes in Wave Box v1.5
- Added: New Filter Section (LP, HP, BP, Notch).
- Added: 4 New Shaping Functions (erf, abs, invert, ceil).
- Added: 5 New Modulation Destinations (cutoff, resonance, input, mix, output).
- Added: 25 New Presets.
- Added: macOS 10.15 Catalina support.
- Added: VST3 plugin format.
- Added: Parameter Lock.
- Added: Edit Value option for Knobs.
- Added: Notification System.
- Added: Online Authorization Form.
- Added: Global option – Resizable Window.
- Improved: New GUI with support for Retina/HiDPI displays.
- Improved: CPU and memory usage.
- Fixed: Minor graphic issues in some automations.
- Fixed: Hard Clip aliasing bug.
- Fixed: Ceiling behaviour in Asymmetrical mode.
The plugin supports VST/VST3, AU and AAX formats for Windows and Mac.