Waves Audio has announced updates and new features for its eMotion LV1 Live Mixer, a digital mixing console for front-of-house, monitor and broadcast engineers.
The V10 update comes with new exciting features, including I/O sharing with separate gain control for each engineer and shared pre-amp control with automatic individual gain compensation.
Based on Waves SoundGrid technology, the eMotion LV1 delivers the superior sound quality for which Waves is renowned, as well as a quick workflow needed in demanding environments. To offer unprecedented control over every aspect of your live sound, each of the mixer’s channels has its own plugin rack capable of running up to eight Waves and third-party plugins. Subsequently, you can mix live with hundreds of your favorite plugins, all running inside the mixer itself, adding the power and versatility of Waves plugins to the arsenals of engineers everywhere, while shrinking the form factor of a full mixing system down to carry-on size.
The eMotion LV1 V10 adds performance and stability improvements, and it now supports I/O sharing, allowing FOH and monitor engineers to share stageboxes between two eMotion LV1 mixers. To complement this feature, V10 also introduces both shared and separate gain control modes, enabling engineers to set their nominal input levels safely and conveniently, without affecting each other. This means you can get your sources from the stage to multiple destinations at the same time, with separate gain control for each engineer and without having to split the signal with dedicated gear.
The mixer’s channel strip – its standard EQ, filters and dynamics processing – is provided by Waves eMo plugins: eMo D5 Dynamics, eMo F2 Filter and eMo Q4 Equalizer, designed for maximum clarity and efficiency in a live environment. The LV1 also integrates smoothly with the Dugan Speech and Dugan Automixer plugins (purchased separately), which are easily accessible from each LV1 channel.
You can control eMotion LV1 using industry-standard hardware controllers, multi-touch screens and diverse portable devices, from four touchscreens to a single laptop or tablet. Whichever device you are using, the LV1 has the same intuitive workflow, with a user interface built for flexibility and speed.
eMotion LV1 uses the Waves SoundGrid infrastructure for audio networking. It can be configured as a portable or stationary setup and can connect to any SoundGrid-compatible I/O or server. This means you can easily carry your mixer with you and run it anytime, anywhere – at home, in your hotel room, on the tour bus, or at the live venue. This way you can have all the time you need to work on your sessions, whether offline or with full-on audio, and make sure you are 100% ready for your show.
With the Waves eMotion LV1 Live Mixer, you enjoy pristine audio quality, detailed control over your sound, quick and easy setup and operation, and convenient portability.
Waves LV1 V10 features features
- eMotion LV1 video training course available online.
- 64 stereo/mono input channels, 36 buss/return channels.
- Run 8 SoundGrid-compatible plugins directly on each channel.
- Channel strip processing provided by Waves eMo plugins.
- 16 auxes (stereo/mono), 8 audio groups, L/R/C/Mono, 8 matrixes (stereo/mono).
- 16 DCA faders, 8 mute groups, 8 user-assignable shortcut keys.
- Create your own custom layers for super-quick workflow.
- DCA spill – populate layers with DCA-linked channels.
- 32-bit floating point mix engine; up to 96 kHz sample rate.
- Compatible with industry-standard control surfaces.
- Integrates smoothly with the Dugan Speech automixer plugin.
- Connects to diverse SoundGrid I/Os & drivers and to multiple DAWs.
- FOH and monitor engineers can share the same stagebox between two LV1 mixers.
- Windows/Mac 64 bit-compatible.
eMotion LV1 Live Mixer is available for $1,699 USD.
More information: Waves Audio