Waves Audio has announced the 4-part free mixing and production course From Demo To Master, including a live Q&A session multiple Grammy-winning producer/mixer Dave Darlington, available online beginning November 28th.
In a career spanning four decades and over 1000 album credits, mixer, composer, musician and producer Dave Darlington, who owns and works out of Bass Hit Studios in New York City, has worked on hit songs and albums in a staggering range of genres – rock/pop, hip hop, R&B, jazz, dance/electronic, and even classical. Few music makers can boast credits diverse enough to include everyone from Avicii to Herbie Hancock, David Guetta to Sting.
In this age of prevalent home and project studios, bedroom producers and independent mixers, there is no reason why a demo song shouldn’t become a well-produced, expertly mixed, fully polished master, regardless of your available budget. Whether you’re a home producer, a musician mixing your own music, or a mix engineer looking to step up your game, this video course will enhance your ability to achieve your desired results.
This unique 4-part course offers free and unlimited access to all the sessions, over eight hours in total. Participants will be able to download original multitrack sessions, enabling them to follow along and practice. They will be receiving expert advice from Dave’s special guests Tony Maserati (Beyoncé), Jack Joseph Puig (Lady Gaga), Andrew Scheps (Metallica) and Greg Wells (Adele); participants will also be able to partake in a live Q&A session, where Dave will answer questions about the course material.
The course will cover the following topics:
- How to create a sonic vision for your song, no matter the genre.
- How to make the most important decisions when mixing a pop, hip hop or rock track.
- How different mixing choices can impact the song’s overall feel.
- How to give lead and backing vocals the power and polish they deserve.
- How to get bass and drum tracks sitting tight and working together.
- How to rethink the way you use harmonic instruments – synths, guitars, etc. – in your mix.
- How to put the finishing touches that can make or break a song.
Enroll now to get free unlimited access to all course sessions and download the original multitrack sessions so you can follow along and practice.
More information: Waves Audio