Waves Audio has announced the release of the Abbey Road RS124 Compressor, an audio effect plugin that brings two distinct flavors modeled from the original RS124 tube compressor hardware.
Give your music the sound of silky-smooth Abbey Road RS124 compression – the legendary velvety tones heard on every Beatles recording made at Abbey Road. With two distinct flavors to choose from, this classic tube model is the only software emulation of the ultra-rare RS124s, approved by Abbey Road Studios.
Few pieces of gear define music history as the RS124 does. The custom-built RS124 compressors were the secret weapon of Abbey Road engineers during the ‘60s – favored by Geoff Emerick for punchy bass sounds; by Ken Scott for lush guitar treatment; by Norman Smith for lightly gluing the entire rhythm bus. RS124 was also a popular choice for mastering in Abbey Road’s cutting rooms.
The RS124 sound is especially famous for the thick, creamy bass tones it produced on Beatles classics such as “Rain” and “Come Together.” Abbey Road engineers would typically push the input of the RS124 deep into 15-20 dB of gain reduction, producing wonderfully lush results on numerous sources.
Abbey Road RS124 Compressor features
- Precise modeling of Abbey Road’s ultra-rare RS124 tube compressor.
- Silky-smooth tones for vocals, bass, drums, bus compression & mastering.
- Developed with Abbey Road Studios.
- Heard on every Beatles recording made at Abbey Road.
- The go-to creamy compression tone for classic recordings: From Paul McCartney’s bass to Beyoncé’s vocals.
- Two distinctive RS124 tube flavors included: “Studio” and “Cutter”.
- Super-Fuse mode added for more aggressive results.
- SC-HP, Mix knob and MS options included.
The plugin is on sale for the intro price of $39.99 USD for a limited time (regular $199.99 USD).
More information: Waves Audio