Waves Audio has announced the release of the Solid State Logic authorized SSL EV2 Channel, a brand-new recreation of the legendary SSL 4000E console channel strip.
Re-modeled from the ground up, the SSL EV2 now includes a Brown Knob, allowing you to choose between two classic SSL EQ types, the ‘O2’ Brown knob and the ‘242’ Black knob, for more versatile EQ flavors.
The plugin also features a new Mic Preamp section which emulates the mic pre/line amp section of the original SSL console, allowing you to drive the signal with variable saturation.
Recreated from the ground up using Waves’ new Precision Analog Component® technology, SSL EV2 has been modeled component-by-component from a meticulously maintained reference console selected by Solid State Logic.
Alongside the classic dynamics and EQ controls, SSL EV2 introduces versatile new features. You can now switch between two iconic SSL EQ flavors: the Black Knob (242), delivering the SSL’s famous clean punch; and the original Brown Knob (O2) – the first EQ developed for SSL E-Series consoles – providing a crunchy, gritty sound rich with character.
SSL EV2 Channel features
- Brand new modeling of the classic SSL 4000E console channel strip.
- Authorized by Solid State Logic.
- New level of analog depth, richness and detail.
- New: Switch between the iconic Brown (O2) and Black (242) knobs.
- New mic pre/line section for rich harmonic saturation.
- Place Dynamics before or after EQ for more creativity and control.
- 600+ presets by Grammy®-winning producers and mixers: Jacquire King, Stuart White, Joe Barresi, Dave Pensado, Lu Diaz, many more.
The SSL EV2 Channel is on sale for the introductory price of $39.99 USD for a limited time (regular $249 USD). The plugin is $29.99 USD to owners of the SSL E or G Channel plugins, and free if you own the SSL 4000, Studio Classics, Pro Show or SD7 Pro Show bundles covered by the Waves Update Plan.
More information: Waves Audio