Waves Audio has announced a 100% cloud-based audio mixer with superior sound quality for cloud broadcast environments. Cloud MX Audio Mixer delivers pristine audio, high-precision mix control, and creative processing capabilities with full Waves plugin integration – all in a scalable, remotely operated, broadcast-ready cloud workflow.
Broadcasters and media organizations can now add state-of-the-art audio mixing and processing to their flexible professional cloud-based workflows, thanks to Cloud MX Audio Mixer’s crystal-clear double-precision 32-bit-float mixing engine, augmented by Waves’ industry-leading arsenal of cloud-licensed audio plugins.
Waves’ Cloud MX Audio Mixer is NDI-compatible, fitting easily into NDI-based environments, with easy patching and routing of NDI audio streams. It is also easily deployed on AWS, making integration with your cloud production systems a breeze. Cloud MX Audio Mixer makes it easy to scale productions with any number of audio mixers, without the operational costs involved in shipping, maintaining, or scheduling on-premise gear and personnel.
Cloud MX Audio Mixer opens your live production workflows to more creative possibilities, with finer control over your audio streams. You can run chains of up to eight cloud-licensed plugins directly on any channel inside the mixer itself – helping you mix any event, in the cloud, with unmatched processing power.
Cloud MX Audio Mixer features
- 100% cloud-based audio mixing solution.
- Easily scalable to any broadcast requirement.
- NDI-compatible with easy routing of NDI audio for all ingress/egress streams.
- Easy deployment on AWS.
- 32-bit floating point mix engine; up to 96 kHz sample rate.
- 64 stereo/mono input channels, 44 bus/return channels.
- 16 monitor auxes and 8 FX auxes (stereo/mono), 8 audio groups, L/R/C/Mono, 8 matrixes (stereo/mono).
- 16 DCA faders, 8 mute groups, 8 user-assignable shortcut keys.
- Cloud-licensed channel strip eMo plugins (dynamics, filter, EQ) included in all Cloud MX Audio Mixer packages).
- Also available: Cloud MX Audio Mixer Plus with 11 additional cloud-licensed plugins; and Cloud MX Audio Mixer Premium with over 150 cloud-licensed plugins.
- Full operator-control with the tactile Waves FIT controller and/or up to 4 touchscreens connected via industry-standard remote protocols.
Cloud MX Audio Mixer licensing options start from $750 USD/month or $7,500 USD/year.
More information: Waves Audio