Waves Audio has introduced the SoundGrid Extreme Server-C, a plugin processing beast for the studio and live.
Compact and powerful, light and robust, this DSP unit can effortlessly process hundreds of SoundGrid-compatible plugins in real time, live or in the studio – taking only half the width of a standard rack.
The Waves SoundGrid Extreme Server-C allows you to mix live shows or track overdubs in the studio with real-time plugin processing. This is possible thanks to its ultra-low latency: as low as 0.8 ms at 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96 kHz.
With a robust 2U chassis, the Extreme Server-C is only half the width of a standard 19-inch rack. You can rack-mount one server using rack ears, or double up for redundancy and mount two units side-by-side using a rack shelf. Additionally, the Extreme Server-C fits right inside your carry-on, so you can easily take your mixing to the extreme wherever you go.
Waves SoundGrid Extreme Server-C features
- Compact, powerful DSP unit.
- Ultra-low latency: as low as 0.8 milliseconds at 44.1, 48 kHz, 88.2 and 96 kHz.
- Use with any SoundGrid interface (including DiGiGrid I/Os).
- Use with non-SoundGrid I/Os (ASIO/Core Audio) via SoundGrid Connect: See complete instructions.
- Neutrik etherCon SoundGrid port connector.
- Quiet operation with automatic CPU fan control.
- Sturdy all-metal casing.
- 2U rack-mountable (rack ears and rack shelf sold separately).
- CPU: Intel Skylake i7.
- 8 GB RAM.
- Free 1-year warranty; Extended warranties available.
The SoundGrid Extreme Server-C will ship early 2019, priced at $1.999 USD. An Intel Skylake i5 CPU-fitted SoundGrid Server One-C is priced at $1.299 USD.
More information: Waves Audio