Waves has released Codex, a wavetable synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
The cutting-edge polyphonic synthesizer based on an advanced granular wavetable engine and powered by Waves’ Virtual Voltage technology is designed to create sounds that range from warm acoustic and analog emulations to completely new, never-before-heard intricate and evolving textures.
Codex’s sound design capabilities put infinite possibilities at your fingertips.
The Codex synth comes with hundreds of original sound presets, but also lets you import your own audio files, turn them into wavetables and manipulate them as you like. Thanks to its advanced formant control technology, Codex maintains consistent resonance character that is true to the original signal and gives you direct control over the acoustic resonance of the sound. Codex also innovatively uses a high-resolution FFT-based automatic interpolation technology that results in extraordinarily smooth morphing as you sweep through wavetables.
- Cutting-edge polyphonic wavetable synthesizer.
- Powered by Waves’ Virtual Voltage Technology.
- Innovative oscillators with progressive wavetable scanning capabilities.
- Advanced and comprehensive Modulation Matrix.
- Formant control – direct control over the acoustic resonance of the sound.
- Wavetable (sample) importing.
- User-replaceable wavetables.
- Arpeggiator/16-step sequencer.
- Integrated chorus, delay, reverb, distortion and bit crusher effects.
- Visual dynamic waveforms.
- Plugin and standalone instrument.
Codex is available for purchase for the introductory price of $99 USD for a limited time (regular $200 USD).
More information: Waves