Waves Audio has announced that it is now shipping the Waves Abbey Road Reverb Plates plugin.
Plate reverbs have a diffused, bright, idealized sound quality that’s unlike acoustic spaces. Developed in collaboration with Abbey Road Studios, this definitive plugin captures the 4 versatile plates used for film scores, classical projects, and pop music from Pink Floyd to Adele.
The EMT plates installed in 1957 remain in use today—because they sound incredible. Modeled with meticulous detailed and validated by Abbey Road, these sounds are now available to all.
Waves Abbey Road Reverb Plates plugin features
- Precise modeling of four legendary Abbey Road plates (EMT 140), each with its unique sonic character.
- A drive control to set the THD characteristics of the in/out amplifiers and the plate sheet itself.
- Ability to control the amount of analog noise and hum.
- Four original bass cut positions.
- Crosstalk between the stereo inputs to get a stereo leak effect.
The Abbey Road Reverb Plates plugin is available for the introductory price of $99 USD (regular $249 USD).