FrozenPlain has announced the release of Wraith, a powerful cinematic ambient sound design instrument for Windows.
Designed for versatile dark ambient and cinematic sound design, Wraith is a synthesiser for pads, drones and synthetic textures. It’s comprised of 230 audio samples grouped into 3 categories: Drones, Tonal and Textures and over 80 playable presets.
It’s housed in our powerful sampler engine Mirage, which is structured around 3 audio layers that can be controlled separately, and an effects rack with distortion, chorus, reverbs and more. Wraith is an ideal sound design tool for creating atmospheres, backgrounds and tension.
- 230 Tonal, Texture and Drone samples in a powerful engine.
- Over 80 presets that are ready to use for production.
- Wraith is playable, it’s more than just samples – it can be controlled with MIDI CC, velocity and the sustain pedal..
- It includes randomising features allowing for quick trialling of new sounds.
- Easy to use – it has a sensible GUI layout which can be resized.
- 3 layers can be blended together and controlled with an envelope, filters, EQ, LFO, and sample loop settings including crossfade.
- Effects rack with distortion, bit crush, compressor, chorus, reverb, delay and convolution reverb to further shape the sound.
- Works in any Windows DAW that can host a VST, no other requirements.
- Sounds with movement and character, both dissonant and harmonic.
Wraith costs $59 USD. It is currently available as a VST plugin for Windows only.
More information: FrozenPlain