Xhun Audio has announced availability of ResonHeart, a physical modeling simulation of a never seen before, experimental, aerophone-based acoustic instrument.
Characterized by a complex modal-based architecture, this original machine has expressly been built to mimic the sound of different families of acoustic instruments – like winds, membranes, chromatic percussions, ethnic lutes and whistles, glasses, cymbals and crashes, vocal ensembles and choirs, or even an entire orchestral strings section – as well as to produce very unconventional, organic tones, evolving textures and expressive motion pads.
Working on the principles of fluid dynamics and designed to potentially be a real-world replicable machine, every single component inside ResonHeart has been modeled after existing hardware – commercially available devices like air pumps, pneumatic valves and metal resonators. Also the surrounding room acoustics has been carefully modeled, simulating a wide range of spatial environments, from small chambers to big concert halls, to stone-walled cathedrals and beyond.
Moreover, ResonHeart features a clean and intuitive interface, making the sound designing process just simple and effective.
- Physical modeling simulation of a complex acoustic sound generator machine, achieved by the adoption of the Advanced Component Simulation (ACS) approach.
- Full 64-bit processing accuracy for every single aspect of the simulation.
- A 100% original aerophone-based mechanical acoustic instrument, featuring an articulated modal architecture and capable of mimicking other acoustic instruments’ tones and flavours.
- Entirely made of mechanical components (resonators, motors, valves) which have been modeled after existing, commercially available parts
- Air pump motors with dedicated automations and retrig control.
- Venturi valves.
- Swing motors and valves (from 0.1 Hz up to 20 Hz).
- Pneumatic solenoid valves (with a 3-ms aperture, 2-ms disclosure timing).
- Air turbulence dispersion control.
- A complex resonator block (one per voice) made of sixteen universal Helmholtz resonators, each with independent tuning (internal volume) and pressure (embouchure) controls
- A dedicated modulation for resonators’ tuning, featuring Swing, Contour, Velocity and Pitch Follower controls.
- A dedicated modulation for resonators’ pressure, featuring Swing, Contour, Velocity and Pitch Follower controls.
- Operates as a monophonic or polyphonic (4-voices) instrument.
- True polyphony, achieved by simulating separate, fully-independent mechanical sound generators.
- Separate controls for global tuning, voices detune (spread), pitch bending (amount) and portamento.
- An accurate room / hall simulation (resonator-based).
- A spatial displacement engine, arranging the instrument’s four voices/blocks inside the room space.
- Including a 130+ ready-to-use factory presets collection, covering different styles and genres, including deep and solid basses, real-world cymbals and crashes, membranes and percussions, woodwinds, plucked strings, ethnic bells and whistles, organic motion pads, symphonic strings and choirs sections, evolving soundscapes, psychoacoustic sound effects and more.
- MIDI automation.
- Support for sample rates from 44.1 kHz up to 192 kHz.
- Available in multi-size GUI resolutions.
ResonHeart (VST/VST3/AU) is available for the intro price of 39.90 EUR (regular 69 EUR).
The plugin is also included in the XA Instruments Bundle alongside the LittleOne virtual analog synthesizer and IronAxe electric guitar, priced at 129.90 EUR during the promotion (regular 169 EUR).
The offer expires October 13th, 2019.
More information: Xhun Audio
This Special Offer is valid until October 13th, 2019