XILS-lab has released version 2.0 of XILS 3 LE, a light edition of the analog modular synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Capable of producing both a very wide range of classic analog sounds, and sounds no other analog synth can do, The XILS 3 LE V2.0 cumulates an authentic emulation of the Synthi (VCS 3) modular synthesizer and a replica of the 256 Analog Sequencer, its natural companion.
XILS 3 LE features
- 6 oscillators grouped in 3 pairs, with waveshaping (on sine wave, saw, triangle and square).
- 1 noise oscillator (with noise color).
- 1 analog filter, non linear and zero delay behaviors, with 3 modes (12/18/24 db lowpass).
- 1 trapezoidal envelope generators, looping EG in the time of analog (switchable to ADSR).
- Polyphonic ring modulator.
- 2 independent outputs feeding the stereo bus, each with one analog lp/hp filter.
- Programmable joystick vector controller.
- Polyphonic sequencer with 3 independent lines, slew rates, 3 recording modes.
- Sequencer can behave as modulation source.
- Pitch tracker, envelope follower, transient, gate, sample & hold modules.
- Chorus, delay, spring reverb.
- 6 Play modes (including unison 2/4/6), polyphonic and mono portamento/glissando/legato, 2 different keyboard scaling, polyphonic aftertouch and VCA handling.
- Hundreds of presets made by worldwide famous sound designers.
- Preset database engine (find the right patch in a flash, create your own tags).
- Comprehensive manual with a getting started and tutorial sections.
- Instrument or effect plug-in.
XILS 3 LE is available for a “pay-what-you-want” price (starting at 4 EUR) until November 1st, 2014 (regular 34 EUR). The update is free for XILS 3 LE owners.