XLN Audio has announced an update to XO, the beat maker plugin that allows you to organize and seamlessly explore your drum samples in a new and exciting way.
The update includes Wav stem export, playlists, new factory presets, extended file format support, and more.
XO is a unique beat-making & drum sample exploration tool. The software offers a revolutionary way of organizing and browsing samples. With XO, XLN Audio wanted to turn the monotonous and uninspiring search for the perfect sound on its head. XO makes it fun, fast and inspiring to create beats again, filled with creativity and unexpected happy accidents. Just like music-making should be.
Product manager and co-founder of XLN Audio Lars Erlandsson says:
“XO is all about providing a fun, smooth and inspiration-filled experience when finding sounds and working with beats. This update continues to deliver on that promise and adding nice new features!”
Changes in XO v1.1
- Export stems as WAV: Quickly drag & drop your beat as separated stems. Straight into your DAW or OS as WAV. Separate stems give you full control over every part of your beat, even after exporting.
- Playlists: Create, browse and organize presets in Playlists, in the new and revamped Preset Browser. Collect your presets in genre-, or project-specific playlists, for an even faster and more optimized workflow.
- New factory presets: The “New in XO 1.1” playlist features more than 100 new factory presets added in this update. XO now comes with a total of over 200 presets in a wide range of styles and tempos, making sure you’re never out of inspiring starting points or go-to beats.
- Online disk monitor: The Online Disk Monitor notifies you of any changes in the sample folders you’ve added to XO, instantly re-scans and updates smoothly with the click of a button.
- New file-formats: Besides the previously supported .wav and .aiff formats, you can now add .flac, .mp3, .ogg, and .wma files to XO. Browse your sounds in XO Space fast and smoothly, regardless of file format or where they are stored on your computer.
The update is free to current users of XO.