XLN Audio has launched a version 1.0.3 update of XO, the plugin and standalone software that helps you make your beats by sorting your one shot samples by similarity.
The update includes new UI scaling on Windows and various other improvements and fixes.
XO identifies and collects one-shot samples stored anywhere on your computer or hard drives and sorts them by similarity. It brings your samples of choice into a new creative context that facilitates experimentation.
You can use XO as stand-alone or with your favorite DAW along with other plugins. You load XO as an instrument into your DAW. XO is used preferably but not exclusively for beat making and rhythm production using, what you consider to be drum sounds.
Browsing and editing sound become a part of your creative processes instead of disrupting your workflow.
Changes in XO v1.0.3
- UI Scaling (from 50% —> 200%) on Windows. OpenGL acceleration and scaling on Windows.
- “Rolls” are now edited just like the sequencer notes. Drag up/down to increase rolls amount and drag left/right to “paint” rolls.
- Better visual feedback (progress bars) for the resource monitor (Sample Folders dialog).
- The “Render wavs” button turns yellow when rendering is required (Export dialog).
- Yellow “notification dots” to indicate that sample “filters” are active in relevant place.
- “Drop down arrows” when hovering on the slots in the left panel.
- Enabled UI scaling and OpenGL acceleration in Reaper on macOS. It was disabled exclusively in Reaper on macOS in XO 1.0.2 because of performance issues.
- Re-introduced “user samples diff check” on startup.
- A little yellow dot will pop up in the top right corner if samples DB needs to be refreshed.
- Background: It was removed in 1.0.1 because the scanning performance was too slow.
- The waveforms in the Export Dialog should draw the normalized waveforms when normalize is active.
- FX 1/2 readouts contained some typos.
- Sample “Search & Filters” are not disabled when opening Preset Browser anymore.
- Improved wav/aiff decoder.
- Improved scanning performance.
- Better memory handling when running multiple instances.
- General performance improvements.
XO is available from Plugin Boutique for 179.95 USD/EUR.
More information: XLN Audio