Acoustica releases AeroMIDI controller software
Acoustica has announced the release of AeroMIDI, a new 3D MIDI controller software for Windows and Mac.
AeroMIDI allows users to trigger notes and MIDI continuous controller messages with hand and finger movements in 3D space.
AeroMIDI enables control of six expression parameters using only one hand, or use both hands and control up to 12 simultaneous expression parameters. User-defined virtual spaces called “cubes” and “zones” allow easy triggering of events, beats or notes. Perform a gesture, such as a two-fingered swipe to the left, and suddenly you’ve enabled a whole new mode or set of expression controls and MIDI actions.
Simply plug a Leap Motion Controller into a USB port, load and install the AeroMIDI software, and start your MIDI software or external synthesizer. AeroMIDI then sends controller data and notes to MIDI software or external hardware. Control synthesizers, lighting rigs, visualizers, DAWs, effects, virtual instruments, and any other MIDI-capable hardware or software with AeroMIDI.
- Gestures translate hand movements with very low latency.
- Translate hand & finger movements and rotation to MIDI controller data with very low latency.
- Play notes by moving or rotating hands.
- Configurable virtual 3D cubes let you build your own custom controller interface.
- Simultaneously control MIDI expression parameters in three dimensions, including hand rotation.
- Windows- and Mac-compatible (Windows 7+ and Mac OS X 10.6+).
- Requires the Leap Motion Controller (Support for other 3D input devices coming soon).
- Works with all MIDI software, hardware and DAWs, including Acoustica’s Mixcraft 6.
AeroMIDI is available to purchase for $29.99 USD. Acoustica will demonstrate the software at the Winter NAMM at Booth 6428, Hall A.