Acousticsamples announces Kawai-EX
Acousticsamples and Lance Herring have announced the Kawai-EX, a sample library featuring the sounds of a Kawai EX concert piano.
It’s a fabulous KAWAI EX concert grand piano that used to be in the Kennedy center in Washington DC.
The product is already in an advanced state.
- 5 “pedal up” layers, 5 “pedal down” layers, and 15 release samples per note (4 only for the light version).
- Thumps samples.
- Automatic Pedal noises samples.
- Multiple mic position and mixing from the interface (in PRO version).
- Ability to save polyphony by enabling / disabling each position.
- Sympathetic resonance (pedal down samples).
- Multiple releases. They have been carefully picked up for each note to really reproduce the real mechanical behaviour of a note.
- As always, a custom kontakt interface that let you modify the response of the piano as well as its tone and the volume of the releases.
The Kawai-EX will be available in the first half of September in Kontakt and GIGA formats. Other formats will follow as free updates (Halion, EXS24 and maybe SFZ).
The sample library will have a pro version with all the above features, and a light version with only one mic position, a single release and only 4 velocity layers.
More information: Acousticsamples
Waldorf releases Minimal Electro for Largo
112dB updates Redline Monitor to v1.0.3