Acousticsamples releases Wurlie – Wurlitzer Student Electronic Piano sound library
Acousticsamples has released Wurlie, a sampled 64 keys Wurlitzer 206A piano.
The 206A is a student model, and is very similar to a 200A except for its beige color and built in amp/speaker (it also did not come with a tremolo). It was designed to be paired with a 206, which is the teacher model and they were mainly used in conservatories. The teacher had a headphone and microphone to be able to listen to each student individually and talk to them without others hearing them.
We recorded it both from the direct output using a state of the art DI (Universal Audio Solo 610) and also using a pair of microphones right above the keys next to where the head of a player would be. We also included our common features like the multiple releases along with our sympathetic resonance system (both pedal up and down). You also have access to various commonly used effects and a full control over the midi parameters to make it fit to your keyboards response.
Demonstration of Wurlie for UVI Workstation 2 and MOTU MachFive 3
- 1.21Gb, 3123 samples.
- 10 Velocity layers for the sustain.
- 20 Velocities for the release.
- Time based release samples for accurate staccato sound.
- Sustain pedal noises (up and down), triggered automatically.
- Independant mix of the acoustic/electric sound.
- Sympathetic resonance on both pedal up and down.
- Complete control over the midi response.
- Vibrato simulation.
- Saturation, chorus and flanger effects.
- Amp simulation of the real cabinet.
- Spring Reverb.
- Advanced UVI scripting giving you access to a simple yet powerful interface and advanced features.
Wurlie is powered by UVI Workstation 2 (Windows/Mac), and now available to purchase for 80 EUR.