Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Akai announces MPK 25
Akai Professional has announced the MPK 25, the latest addition to its MPK series of keyboard controllers with MPC pads.
The MPK25 is a portable keyboard controller with MPC production controls. The MPK25 scales down the keyboard by 24 keys, retaining the utility, capability, and flexibility that makes the MPK series one of a kind. Its smaller, more portable size makes the MPK25 the perfect travel companion. Its small footprint can fit in your lap on the couch or on a plane, enabling you to create tracks whenever inspiration strikes. All you need is your laptop and the MPK25.
MPK 25 features
- 25-key semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch for expressive melodic creativity.
- MPC-pad section of 12 genuine MPC pads with pressure and velocity sensitivity.
- MPC pads access four banks each for instant access to 48 samples.
- Assignable Q-Link controller section for flexible control of most software parameters.
- Two banks of 12 Q-Link knobs and four buttons, two banks each.
- Dedicated transport controls for tracking and editing.
- MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and arpeggiator aid in creative process.
- MPC Full Level, MPC 12-Level, Tap Tempo, and Time Division assist with tempo and dynamics.
- MIDI output over USB, bus powered, class compliant: plug and play with one USB cable.
- Comes with Ableton Live Lite Akai Edition software.
- Works with most MIDI recording, sequencing, and performance software.
The MPK25 will be available in Q2 at an MSRP of $399.99 and an estimated street price of $299.99.
Visit Akai Professional for more information.