Akai Professional has announced the EIE I/O, a premium audio interface which provides simultaneous 4-channel recording, dual stereo output pairs and three additional USB ports for peripherals.
The EIE I/O is a tabletop USB audio interface perfectly tailored for project and portable studio setups. This four-in, four-out (4×4) device enables users on Mac and PC-based systems to record up to 24-bit resolution into virtually any DAW, recording or performance software.
The EIE I/O also houses three convenient USB inputs, in addition to its main USB port, enabling users to connect controllers, hard drives or any other peripheral when native ports on a computer may be limited. The compact recording interface contains high-quality components including nickel-plated input jacks, analog-style VU meters and a rugged aluminum casing for a powerful, professional, portable audio solution.
EIE I/O features
- USB audio interface with up to 24-bit recording resolution.
- Four XLR-¼” combo jacks with phantom power and gain control.
- Four nickle-plated ¼” outputs for two separate monitoring systems.
- Two classic, high-quality VU level meters with switchable sources.
- Three additional USB ports for connecting other devices through to a computer.
- 5 Pin DIN MIDI Interface.
- Headphone output with switchable source and direct monitoring dial.
- Table-top, solid construction with a great-looking, classic design.
The EIE I/O will be unveiled at booth #6400 of the 2011 NAMM Show from January 13-16, Anaheim, CA.