Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Akki Plugs releases Virtual Bouzouki
Akki Plugs has released Virtual Bouzouki, a sample library for Kontakt.
Virtual Bouzouki is a Greek bouzouki sample library that with it’s realistic sound and it’s many functions will spread the Greek spirit around the world! Virtual Bouzouki is a Kontakt Player instrument based on advanced script programming and has different playing styles and techniques which gives you a brilliant sound.
Virtual Bouzouki features
- 2.2 GB 24 bit samples.
- Advanced script programming.
- Choose between Natural or Tuned tuning.
- 12 keyswitches.
- 5 velocity layers of plectrum playing downwards and 5 velocity layers of plectrum playing upwards.
- All four strings sampled and each string got recorded notes throughout the full length of the string.
- Release samples.
- Control the hand position on the fret with the modulation wheel. The position is presented on the layout.
- Polyphonic playing allows you to play multiple notes at the same time.
- Monophonic playing allows you to play hammer on and pull off up to a range of a major third.
- Automatically down and up plectrum stroke that depends of how fast you play.
- Ability to downstroke only.
- Chords that activates when you play a minor or major triad with automatic alternation between down and up.
- Moderate notes.
- Single tremolo that changes speed with the modulation wheel.
- Third and sixth minor and major tremolo that changes speed with the modulation wheel.
- Glissando from and to note upwards the fret.
- Glissando from and to note downwards the fret.
- Phrases played on the bouzouki.
- Hand position near bridge/hole.
- Plectrum hardness/softness.
- Reverb, Delay, Compressor.
- Fully controllable with midi controllers.
Virtual Bouzouki is available for purchase for €229 EUR (includes worldwide shipping).
Visit Akki Plugs for more information and audio demos.