Alesis has introduced the PerformancePad Pro, an eight-pad electronic percussion pad that contains over 500 sounds and sequences.
Drummers and percussionists can expand their setups or play standalone with the PerformancePad Pro. With eight velocity-sensitive drum pads, kick and hi-hat inputs and over 500 multi-sampled sounds with Dynamic Articulation™, the PerformancePad Pro is an all-in-one drum station. Drummers can mount the PerformancePad Pro on stands and racks using the Module Mount, sold separately, or they can play it tabletop.
The PerformancePad Pro contains the sequencing engine from Alesis’ best-selling drum machines. This three-part sequencer enables drummers and instrumentalists to program drum, percussion and accompaniment parts for creating complete tracks or playing along with loops.
The PerformancePad Pro features a modern, high-definition sound set with acoustic and electronic drums, percussion, sound effects, bass and more. The PerformancePad Pro also contains powerful Alesis studio effects including Reverb, EQ and Compression for customizing sounds to perfection.
Drummers can also use the PerformancePad Pro as a MIDI controller for playing virtually any sound module, synth or software. Practicing and performance musicians can connect and mix in a music source via the PerformancePad Pro’s input.
PerformancePad Pro features
- 8 natural feeling, velocity-sensitive drum pads with Dynamic Articulation™.
- Built-in professional drum machine so you can record and play back your own beats.
- Over 500 sounds ranging from all styles and instruments assignable to any pad.
- Large LCD display with easy-to-navigate interface with a lightweight, durable enclosure.
- High-quality, 24-bit audio outputs and traditional 5-pin MIDI output jack.
- Mix input for external tracks, loops, and instruments.
Alesis will unveil the PerformancePad Pro at the 2011 NAMM Show, booth #6400, from January 13-16, Anaheim, CA.