Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Artifake_Labs releases RedTron_400
Artifake_Labs has released RedTron_400, a free sample-based plug-in which emulates the Mellotron M400.
- Realistic user interface.
- Six sound types: 3 Violins, 8-Voice Choir, Flute, Brass, String Section, Cello.
- “Loop” and “Non-Loop” modes: as the original “Mellotron”, each sound is eight seconds long but you can switch to “Loop Mode” which allows the samples to loop continuously.
- Layer possibilities & independent parameters for layer A & B:
- Volume, Tune, Reverb, Delay, Pan, Octave, Note, Cutoff, Resonance, Attack & Release parameters.
- Delay effect (Amount, Time, Feedback & Pan parameters).
- Reverb effect (Mix, Width, Size & Damp parameters).
- Global Volume control.
- Global Tone control.
- Global Pitch control.
- Can be used as SoundFont Player to mix any .sf2 file with “Tron sounds” or to extend the sound palette.
RedTron_400 is available as a freeware VST instrument plug-in for Windows PC.
More information: Artifake_Labs