Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Artifake_Labs releases RedTron_MKV
Artifake_Labs has released RedTron_MKV, a free VST instrument plug-in for Windows.
RedTron_MKV emulates the “Mellotron MKV” (essentially a double M400), one of the rarest Mellotron ever made. RedTron_MKV is a sample-based plug-in, made with Synthedit.
- Realistic user interface.
- Six sound types : 3 Violins, 8-Voice Choir, Flute, Brass, String Section, Cello.
- “Loop” and “Non-Loop” modes : as the original “Mellotron”, each sound is eight seconds long but you can switch to “Loop Mode” and allows the samples to loop continuously.
- Layer possibilities & independent parameters for layer A & B :
- Volume, Tone, Reverb, Delay, Pan, Octave, Note & Attack parameters.
- Delay effect (Amount, Time, Feedback & Pan parameters).
- Reverb effect (Mix, Width, Size & Damp parameters).
- Pitch control.
- Can be used as Soundfont Player to mix any .sf2 file with “Tron sounds” or to extend the sound palette.
RedTron_MKV is available for download as a freeware VST instrument for Windows PC.
More information: Artifake_Labs