Arturia updates ARP 2600 V to v2.0
Arturia has released version 2.0 of ARP 2600 V, a virtual synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
The ARP 2600 is one of the finest analog synthesizers ever made. Celebrated by the most respected musicians over the last thirty years, it is capable of creating amazing sounds, heard in numerous popular tunes from Herbie Hancock to Stevie Wonder. With its sound palette varying from heavy drum n’ bass stabs to angular arpeggiated electro bass lines, whatever your chosen genre, the 2600 is a truly versatile sound creation tool, which still finds a good place in today’s music.
Changes in ARP 2600 V v2.0
- New Syncrosoft copy protection.
- A revolutionary preset navigation system called SoundMap.
- Lower CPU utilization on Mac OSX.
- Better Audio Unit compatibility (Digital Performer most notably).
- Ability to use NRPN midi messages for automation.
- Better handling of control surfaces while changing preset.
- Fresh batch of presets made by a selection of top sound designers.
- MIDI RPN “pitch bend range” message is now recognized.
- Presets adapted to respond to modulation wheel.
- and numerous bug fixes.
ARP 2600 V is available to purchase for $249 USD / 229 EUR.