AudioThing SX1500, Analog Synth Emulation for Kontakt
AudioThing has announced the release of SX1500, an analog synthesizer emulation for Native Instruments Kontakt.
In the lab, for years, covered by other instruments and things, there was this old Italian analog synthesizer from 1979: the Jen SX1000. Monophonic with just 1 oscillator, it was often called “poor man’s Moog”.
It is always hard to sample analog gears so, instead of trying to clone it (which is obviously impossible for a sampler), we decided to use the samples of each waveform to build an hybrid synthesizer taking advantage of the Kontakt Script language.
It sounds both vintage and new! It is also possible to drift the oscillators to emulate the tuning problems of vintage analog synthesizers and to hear the usual knobs noise caused by dust while tweaking them. The Performance View follows the original parameters scheme adding, of course, new features.
- 2 Oscillators (Saw, Square, Pulse 5%).
- 1 Noise generator (White/Pink).
- 12dB/oct filter (like the original).
- 1 LFO (Sine) for Pitch and Cutoff.
- 2 Envelopes.
- 24 Factory Presets.
- 24 User Presets (save function within the Kontakt GUI).
- Sample resolution: 44.1Khz / 24Bit.
- Size: 118 MB installed.
- Custom performance view.
- Native Instruments Kontakt 4.2.2 full retail versions is required.
XS1500 for Kontakt is available to purchase for $9 USD.