Audjoo has released an updated version of Helix, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
The main oscillators of Helix allow you to pick from hundreds of included waveforms, or load your own. The waveform can be further bent and warped by two sets of controls, A and B. The in-between states are automatically created into something similar to a wave-table. The oscillator can then sweep across this sound-scape for unique and lively sounds.
Changes in Helix (08-08-2013)
- Proper support for 64bit hosts (VST&AU).
- Installer for Mac. Installs AU&VST. Universal Binary(32&64bit).
- On Windows separate dlls: audjoo_helix_32.dll & audjoo_helix_64.dll.
- The shape-sliders do not cause drop-outs anymore (optimizations).
- The morphing sounds better with fast rhythmical morphs (think wobbles).
- Imported wave is pure with all sliders off (try import pure-sine).
- Support “corrupt” wave-files (exported from wave-designer).
- Nicer trial-mode-experience (support saving, nag screen comes up a bit later).
Helix for Windows and Mac costs $149 USD. Note that Power-PC Macs are no longer supported.
More information: Audjoo