BeatSkillz has announced the release of That Thing, a multi effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
There was something about older drum machines and synths that made them sound punchier and more pleasing than today’s clinically perfect sounds.
“That Thing” is a multi effects processor that was designed to get you “That Thing” missing from digitally perfect tracks today.
It features a beautiful wide and deep chorus section great to thicken anything from synths, vocals, bass, pads drums and other sounds. The soundscape generator features 50 samples of old vinyl players, tape machines, old radio, tube gear, atmospheres, ambiences etc. These ad to your sound with an envelop follower, so the sounds add in only when signal is present and move, and pan with the level of the signal. Easily change the pitch of the soundscape to make it work with any audio you pass through it. The plugin features a bit crusher and distortion that emulates the sound of vintage drum machines giving you a choice of 8/12/16 and 24 bit audio. There is also an analog Low Cut and High Cut filter section designed to shape your sounds further. A wet and dry fader is included to blend in the effects with your original audio.
That Thing features
- Multi Effects Plugin- Customize your tracks to sound different.
- Bit Crusher – Emulate Vintage Drum Machines.
- Analog Modelled Chorus – For wide, thick & rich sounds.
- Soundscape Generator: Vinyl, Tape, Tube & Nature – 50 included.
- Analog Modelled Filters – Low Cut and High Cut Filters.
- Great on Drums, Synths, Vocals, Bass, Pads and other sounds.
That Thing for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for the introductory price of $35 USD (regular $59 USD).