Big Tick updates Zen to v1.6 beta 3, users can now activate any plugin locally
Big Tick Audio has released version 1.6 beta 3 of Zen, the universal presets manager for Windows and Mac.
I’ve just released Zen 1.6 public beta 3. Here is the mandatory changelog. The first point marks a turning point in the history of releases, lifting up one of the most complained-about limitations of Zen.
Changes in Zen v1.6 beta 3
- All users can now activate any plugin locally. For designers, the first preset uploaded for a local plugin makes this plugin public.
- Replaced “hidden” and “favorites” tags by icons.
- Add presets comments to the ZenCore engine.
- Better design for the presets sort option.
- Add shopping cart icon.
- Zen will now silently ignore duplicate warnings happening within a few ms.
- Add mousewheel on preset name to scroll through presets.
- Fixed crash when trying to apply a tag without first selecting a preset.
- Fixed bug when using full-text with ‘ character.
- Fixed (for the last time:)) the problem with Zen not exiting properly.
- User ratings are not lost when uploading a preset. [v1.6 beta 2]
- Added option to clear the stored path for a plugin. [v1.6 beta 2]
- ‘untagged’ attribute was sometimes displayed incorrectly. [v1.6 beta 2]
- Fixed a rogue entry in the synths list. [v1.6 beta 2]
- Fixed a rare bug where uploads would be stuck in a loop. [v1.6 beta 2]
- Fixed another bug where Zen would stay running indefinitely in the background. [v1.6 beta 2]
- Changed installer system on windows – it will prompt for update, or fresh installation. [v1.6 beta 2]
- Drastic (x10) performance improvements in the search queries. [v1.6 beta 1]
- Added button to clear the current search criteria. [v1.6 beta 1]
- Add presets rating. [v1.6 beta 1]
- Add search results sort options: by ratings + name, by ratings + date, by name, by date. [v1.6 beta 1]
- Add Volume control. [v1.6 beta 1]
- Replaced some tags with icons. [v1.6 beta 1]
- Fixed a rare bug where downloads would be stuck in a loop. [v1.6 beta 1]
- Fixed rogue tag “JamesXIIIC” appearing in the synths list. [v1.6 beta 1]
Zen is available to download as freeware for PC and Mac.